- DesignSingapore Council Pte Ltd. and IPI (collectively, the “Organisers”) reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge or any part thereof at any time or re-schedule the dates of the Challenge or extend the Challenge Period.
- The Organisers reserve the right not to entertain proposals, if in its opinion none of the submissions received is of sufficient merit.
- The Organisers are not obliged to acknowledge receipt upon the submission of the Participant's proposal.
- The Organisers are not obliged to notify the Participant that its proposal has been rejected.
- The Organisers will accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected submissions including delays and/or failure of any electronic or telecommunication systems, including but not limited to technical faults and/or network disruptions/congestions.
- The Organisers are not responsible for any technical or human error which may occur during the registration and/or administration of the Challenge.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee the Participant the opportunity to be interviewed by or meet with the Challenge Sponsor. The Organisers reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to reject or refuse participation of any Participant without providing any reason whatsoever.
- Submission of false information provided within the context of the Challenge by any Participant or non-relevancy with any of the Challenge ask and terms, or the like, may result in the immediate non-consideration of the Participant’s proposal for the Challenge.
- These terms shall constitute the entire agreement between the Organisers and the Participant and supersede all prior representations, arrangements, understandings and agreements between the Parties (whether oral or written) relating to the subject matter herein contained.
- If any of the clauses of these Rules is found to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, such invalidity shall not affect the validity and operation of the other remaining provisions of these terms.
- These terms shall be construed, governed and interpreted in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Parties agree to submit all disputes and claims in respect to these terms to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Singapore.
- Nothing in these terms shall operate so as to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between the Parties.
- The Organisers reserves the right to amend these terms at their discretion and without having to give prior notification. The Participant will be notified of the change after the terms are updated.
- By submitting a proposal, each Participant affirms that the proposal is his/her/the team's original idea and that the Participant(s) have the necessary rights to submit the proposal. The Participant(s) further warrant that the submission does not violate any law or regulation or any rights of any third party. The Organiser reserves the right to not entertain any Participant in a scenario where the Organiser believes in its sole and absolute discretion that the submitted proposal or any part thereof infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party. Participants shall indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and their respective officers against any claims or costs relating to a breach of this term.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP)
- Arrangements of IP ownership shall be negotiated separately between the Participants and respective Challenge Sponsors and independent of the Organiser, after submission of the Project Proposal.
- The agreements and arrangements referred to in the preceding clause are solely between the Participant and the Challenge Sponsors. The Organisers are neither party to these agreements and arrangements nor responsible or liable for the same. Participants undertake in favour of the Organisers not to institute, commence or continue any proceedings (whether legal, arbitral, administrative or otherwise) against the Organisers in relation to the aforesaid agreements and arrangements between Participants and Challenge Sponsors.
- As part of the registration process for the Challenges, Participants will disclose personal information which may constitute "Personal Data" for the purposes of the Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA") of Singapore. Each Participant is deemed to have consented to the Organisersâ€™ collection, use and processing of the said Personal Data for the purposes of administering and conducting the Challenge, and further consents to use of personal data to enable the receipt of marketing material from the Organisers and any of its related companies.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser and the Challenge Sponsors to ensure safety of all the Participants, each Participant acknowledges and agrees that his or her participation in the Challenge is at his or her own risk. Upon registration for the Challenge, the Participant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser, their subsidiaries/associated companies and the Challenge Sponsors, including their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents, from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses (including any loss of opportunity), liabilities (including negligence), personal injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs) and all amounts paid in settlement arising from or relating to, whether directly or indirectly, special or consequential, to the Participant's participation in the Challenge or from the breach of the terms herein. The Organiser and/or the Challenge Sponsors may assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which Participants have agreed to indemnify the Organiser and the Challenge Sponsors. Participants agree to assist and cooperate with the Organiser and the Challenge Sponsors in the defense or settlement of any such matters.
- Each Participant is required to take all appropriate safety measures including obtaining appropriate insurance coverage (if necessary) throughout this Challenge covering but not limited to designing and developing the prototype, conducting the prototype trials including any visits to the Organiser or the Challenge Sponsors' premises.